In the last bread baking session, participants were concerned about the time kneading of bread dough takes.Their concern gave me the idea to try this no knead bread.
This is one of the simplest bread you can bake at home. I have used all purpose flour, sorghum flour and semolina to make it.It doesn’t require any kneading.You just have to mix the ingredients and give the dough the resting time.
If you like to try a whole grain focaccia find the recipe here
I have used a 250 ml cup for measurements.
No Knead Focaccia
- 1.5 cup All purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Sorghum flour
- 1/4 cup Fine semolina or chiroti rava
- 3/4 tsp Instant dry yeast
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup + 1-2 tbsp Water
- 3-4 tbsp Olive oil or butter
- 1 medium Potato
- 1-2 tbsp Pickled jalopenoes
- a handful sunflower seeds
- Basil and dried rosemary to sprinkle
- In a big bowl, take the flours and salt. Mix them gently.
- Add sugar and yeast to the flour mix. If you are using active dry yeast, take about 1 tsp yeast and add it to warm water,sugar mix to activate.
- Add water gradually and make a dough. You may need a little more or lesser water. It will be a sticky dough. Add oil and bring the dough together.
- Cover it with kitchen towel and rest for about an hour. Wait until it doubles.
- Take an 8x8 or a bigger pan if you want a thinner bread and line it with parchment paper.
- Punch the dough and transfer it to the prepared pan. Spread it gently.
- Apply some olive oil on the top of the focaccia and dimple it with your fingers. Arrange chopped potatoes and pickled jalepenoes on the focaccia.
- Rest it for the second rise.I kept it for 25 minutes. Meanwhile preheat the oven at 190 C .
- Sprinkle some herbs and seeds of choice .Apply milk on the bread before placing it into the oven.
- Bake it for 30-35 minutes.
- Apply butter on the bread once it’s done and allow it to cool before slicing.