Baking biscuits at home is a great way to save yourself from extra sugar, unhealthy fats and unnecessary additives. Sometimes people ask me about the shelf life of home baked biscuits.These biscuits can stay fresh for longer if stored in air tight containers. However if your family is fond of home baked biscuits you don’t have to bother about the shelf life. There will never be any biscuits to store:)
If you like baking with oats, find an amazing biscuit recipe here
These biscuits are healthy and super crunchy. I haven’t added any leavening agent. Have used rolled oats. Give them a pulse in the grinder. Grind the jaggery too if it has granules. Have used room temperature ghee which was semi solid.
I have used a 200 ml cup.
Oats Jaggery Biscuits
- 3/4 cup Oats ( coarsely ground)
- 1/4 cup Desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup Wheat flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp Jaggery powder
- 1/4 cup Ghee or clarified butter
- 1/8 tsp Pink salt
- 1-2 tsp Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Oats to sprinkle on the biscuits
- Cream ghee and jaggery until it’s fluffy and white.
- In another bowl, take oats,wheat flour, desiccated coconut and salt. Give it a good mix.
- Add vanilla extract to ghee jaggery mix and cream again.
- Add flours to the wet mix. Bring the dough together nicely.
- Add milk if the dough is dry.
- Rest the dough for 15-20 minutes at room temperature.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and preheat the oven at 160 C for 10 minutes.
- Roll the dough into a thick sheet of about 1/8 inches between two layers of the parchment paper.
- Sprinkle oats and roll again.Cut the biscuits with a cookie cutter and arrange on the baking tray.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the edges are brown.
- Cool them on the baking tray and store in an airtight container.