I bought a big pack of oats as I had plans to use oats in my bakes. I have made biscuits and bread loaves with oats, yet to try them in cakes. Earlier I was baking a few cakes. Nowadays one or the other friend wants me to bake a cake for her family. So am baking cakes too. Will try one with oats soon.
Bake this bread loaf if you are fond of oats.
If you want to bake cookies with oats, try this recipe.
In this recipe, I have used almond meal with oats. You can make an almond meal by grinding almonds in a grinder. Similarly, I have used ground oats.
These are super healthy biscuits as these are without any additives or leavening agents.
Oats Almond Meal Biscuits.
- 1/2 cup +2 tbsp Ground oats. Grind and then measure
- 1/2 cup Almond meal
- 1/4 cup Whole wheat flour
- 75 g Salted butter. Soft and cold.
- 1/2 cup Khandsari sugar
- 1 -2 tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Cream butter and sugar until it's pale and fluffy.
- Mix oats flour, almond meal and wheat flour in a bowl.
- Add vanilla extract to butter-sugar mix. Give it a mix.
- Add flours to the butter-sugar mix. Bring the dough together by adding milk.
- Rest the dough for 30 minutes at room temperature. Resting time helps the dough to absorb flavours. You can refrigerate the dough for a longer period.
- Preheat the oven at 150 C for 10 minutes.
- Roll the dough between two layers of parchment paper and cut biscuits with the help of a cookie cutter.
- With the help of a toothpick poke holes on the biscuits. This helps in an even baking.
- Keep the biscuits on a parchment paper-lined baking tray and bake for 15-18 minutes or until the edges start browning.