I bake healthy cookies by mixing different flours and healthy sweeteners. Some recipes come out good in the first trial itself, while some recipes need 3-4 trials. At times, mixing flours, adjusting sugar quantity becomes tedious. In those moments, finding a healthy cookie mix comes as a blessing. Gluten-free cookie mix by Mills and Brown can be used to bake cookies if you want to avoid the hassle of mixing flours and measuring sugar.
The best thing about these premixes is that you don’t have to add the sugar. Just beat the butter/ghee until it is fluffy and white, mix in the vanilla extract and add the flour. You can keep the cookie dough to rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before baking just to avoid too much spreading during the baking. You can make roll-on cookies or drop cookies.
The ingredients that go into the mixes are unrefined sugar, raw banana flour, rice flour, millet flour, jowar flour, tapioca flour, whey proteins, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda and salt. You can add eggs to the cookie dough or bake eggless cookies.
I have baked two variants of the cookies, one is with cocoa powder i.e the double chocolate chip cookies and the other is without cocoa powder. Both variants came out great. These were absolutely yummy and crisp.
Mills and Brown’s other products are vanilla cake mix, chocolate cake mix and brownie mix, raw Banana flour, Tapioca flour and Cocoa powder. Baking aids like Xanthan gum and gluten-free baking powder are available too. These can be bought online from Amazon, Flipkart or by placing an order on WhatsApp 9986773998.
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup + 4 tbsp Mills and Brown gluten-free cookie mix
- 1/2 cup Ghee, kept in refrigerator 15 minutes before starting.
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Chocolate chips
- Cream ghee until its smooth and fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract and beat again.
- Mix cookie flour with the ghee.
- Add choco chips. You can refrigerate the dough for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 150 C for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 13 equal parts and make balls.
- Keep the dough balls on a parchment paper-lined baking tray and press them gently with your fingers.
- Garnish with choco chips and bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until the edges are brown.