We are passing through difficult days. The fear of contagion is taking its toll on the free flow of life. Does it call for a transformation? If we change the ages-old habit of taking nature for granted will it disappear in the horizon? I find myself lost in these thoughts often.
Coming to baking, I have been doing a lot of baking of late. More so as we ain’t buying any outside stuff. So sweet as well as savoury both type of baking is going on. And I am not complaining as this is what I love to do the most. This multi millet flour I had bought to add to wheat flour and ended up using it for cookies.
I have added tapioca flour to millet flour to give the cookies a better crumb. It helps the cookies to hold the shape too. You can replace it with cornflour.
Multi millet Cookies
- 3/4 cup+ 2 tbsp Multi millet flour
- 2 tsp Tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup Clarified butter or ghee ( at room temperature)
- 1/3 cup Powdered khandsari sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp Chopped almonds for garnish
- Cream ghee and sugar until the mixture is fluffy and white.
- In a bowl, mix the flours, salt and cardamom powder.
- Add dry ingredients to ghee sugar mix.
- Make a dough. If it's not coming together, add one tsp of ghee.
- Leave the dough on the counter for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven at 150 C for 10 minutes.
- Divide the cookie dough into10 parts.
- Make dough balls and place them on a parchment paper-lined baking tray.
- Press each ball gently with your thumb and garnish with some chopped almonds.
- Bake the cookies at 150 C for 20 minutes or till the edges are brown.
- The cookies will be soft soon after baking. Allow them to cool on the tray.
- Store them in an airtight container.