Baking with melted chocolate is exciting. Usually, chocolate is melted in a double boiler. However, in this recipe boiling water is used which melts the chocolate and if still, some pieces remain hot melted butter can be added to melt it.
Brownies are the best thing to bake using melted chocolate. Serve them with ice cream or milk. Kids love them. Try it with adults in the family too. Do they say no to a hot chocolate brownie icecream? I doubt it.
I have tried many recipes for chocolate brownies and found this one to be the best. It’s with whole wheat flour and has very less butter. Do try my other recipes if you like to bake with chocolate.
Whole Wheat Chocolate Brownie
- 90 g or 3/4 cup Whole wheat flour
- 100 g or 1/2 cup chopped good quality cooking chocolate or choco chips
- 2 tbsp Corn flour
- 2 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Any neutral oil
- 1/3 cup Boiling water
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Coffee powder
- Prepare an 8" pan by applying oil at the bottom and sides. Line it with parchment paper.
- Take boiling water in a big bowl and mix cocoa powder and coffee powder in it.
- Add the chopped chocolate and stir till the chocolate melts.
- Now add hot melted butter and mix it with a whisk.
- Add sugar while the mixture is still warm.
- Add oil and whisk till the mixture is smooth.
- Add the egg and vanilla essence. Mix with the whisk again.
- Sieve the dry ingredients i.e flour, cornflour, cocoa powder and baking powder 4-5 times.
- Preheat the oven at 170 C for 10 minutes.
- Fold in dry ingredients to wet ingredients in two parts.
- Pour the batter in the prepared tin and bake at 170 C for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Let the brownie cool in the tin to get neat edges.
- Cut and serve with the ice cream of your choice.