Banana is the best fruit. You can eat bananas anywhere without a knife and plate. You don’t need to wash your hands. Eat them whenever and where ever you like.
Bananas, however, ripen fast. And then no one wants to eat them. Those leftover bananas can be used in the banana bread. As we are using ripe bananas, we need to add less sugar. This makes the bread even healthier.
To make this bread even better, cocoa powder can be added to it. And this healthy and moist chocolate bread will be the best evening snack for your child or a healthier accompaniment of your evening tea.
Chocolate Banana Bread
- 3/4 cup- 2 tsp Whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp Cornflour
- 2 tsp Cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 cup Powdered brown sugar
- 1/8 cup Any neutral oil
- 2 big size Ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp Warm milk
- 1/2 tsp Coffee powder
- 1/2 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Chocolate chips
- Mix coffee powder to warm milk and keep aside.
- Prepare the cake tin by applying oil at the bottom and on sides. Dust it with cocoa powder. Tap the tin on the surface to take out the extra cocoa powder.
- Preheat the oven at 170 C.
- Sieve the flour, cornflour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda 4-5 times. This step is necessary as it helps to aerate the dry ingredients as well they are combined evenly.
- In a big bowl, mash the bananas evenly with the help of a fork.
- Add sugar and whisk with a hand mixer.
- Add oil and mix on high speed till the mixture becomes smooth.
- Now add coffee, vanilla essence and vinegar and whisk one more.
- Fold in dry ingredients to wet in two parts. Don't overmix.
- Pour the batter in the prepared tin and sprinkle choco chips on the top.
- Bake at 170 for 20 to 25 minutes or till the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut when the bread has cooled completely.