So here again, I bake with cocoa. Whenever I ask my daughter what my next bake should be, she wants something with chocolate. So this time I have baked a healthy chocolate cake. It is with whole wheat flour.No refined flour or white sugar has been used.
This cake is without eggs. I have used homemade curd. Make sure you keep it in a strainer to remove excess water or just use the ready-made curd. If the batter has more water the cake will be sticky. I have added coffee to this cake as coffee enhances the flavour of cocoa. You can skip the coffee if you don’t like it.
This healthy cake is the perfect partner for your evening cuppa. It is amazingly moist and tender. Try the recipe and don’t forget to share the feedback.
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 cup Powdered Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Curd
- 1/4 cup Any Neutral Oil
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup Hot Water
- 1 tsp Coffee powder
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 2 tbsp Chocolate Vermicelli
- 1 tbsp Chocolate Chips
- a few Cherries
- Preheat the oven at 170 C for 10 minutes. Prepare a cake tin of 6" by applying oil on the bottom and sides. Dust it with cocoa powder.
- Sieve the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder together 4-5 times.
- In a big bowl, whisk curd and sugar at high speed till the sugar dissolves.
- Add oil and beat again till the mixture is smooth. Mix vanilla essence and apple cider vinegar.
- Add coffee to hot water and keep aside.
- Fold in dry ingredients to wet in parts alternating with coffee water. Don't overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin.
- Bake at 170 C for 30 minutes.
- Take out the cake when the toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool it for 5 minutes before taking it out of the tin.
- Allow to cool on the wire rack for an hour.
- Pour the chocolate sauce over the cake and garnish with chocolate vermicelli, chocolate chips and cherries.