Dusshera break was extended due to the transport strike. A was home and wanted me to bake some chocolate biscuits for her. Ragi flour is an absolute favourite when it comes to biscuits and it goes well with cocoa powder.
I haven’t added wheat flour so these biscuits are good if someone wants a gluten-free recipe. I have used ghee or clarified butter as I do in most of my recipes. It can be replaced by an equal quantity of butter.
Ragi Cocoa Biscuits
- 180 g Ragi or Finger Millet Flour
- 20 g Cocoa Powder
- 100 g Ghee or Clarified Butter
- 90 g Powdered Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1-2 tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Cream ghee and sugar in a big bowl. You can use a hand whisk. Whisk till the mixture becomes fluffy and white.
- In another bowl, sieve together ragi flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and give it a good mix.
- Add flour mixture to ghee and sugar. Mix half a spoon vanilla essence.
- Bring the mixture together by adding milk.
- Divide the dough into two parts
- Roll each part into a thick chapati with the help of a rolling pin.
- Cut biscuits with a cookie cutter and make holes with the help of a toothpick.
- Preheat the oven at 150 C for 10 minutes.
- Bake the biscuits for 15 minutes at 150 C.
- Cool them on a wire rack and store in an airtight container.